Tuesday, March 22, 2011

St-Patrick's Day Food: Banana Cookies

This is a recipe I made on St-Patty's day, not because it's Irish, but simply because it sounded AMAZING. Cookies that taste like banana bread? I'm for it! I was blown away by how good these cookies were. The were soft, fluffy, and had the perfect amount of banana flavour (I didn't add the extra flavouring, it wasn't necessary). The frosting was quite pleasant too, it complemented the fruitiness of the banana. I would have never thought to make a brown sugar icing before, but now I want to put it on everything. For St-Patty's day I also dyed them green!

I got the inspiration from Dizzy Girl Bakes, but the recipe itself came from Krumkake.

All the required ingredients


Sugar, butter, shortening


Mashed banana!


Egg, sour cream, banana, vanilla

Flour, baking soda, salt

Mix mix mix!

Green. This was actually rather tricky, the dough was quite brown so I had to use a ton of food colouring.

I made mine quite large. I only got 24 when the recipe calls for 36.

Done!

Frosting. After it's melted add about 2 cups of icing sugar. I put mine in bit by bit, about 1/4 cup at a time.

The end result. Delish.

2 comments:

  1. These look deelish! Gonna copy the recipe and get Lanna or Vee to make for me (I refuse to operate an oven!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should! They were demolished in 24hrs. I am definitely making them again soon.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments!