Saturday, October 27, 2012

Hocus Pocus Series Part 3: Winifred Sanderson

This is actually the second version of this manicure, and not at all what I had originally planned. Alas, the first one was a mess so I decided to re-do it today. I am now sporting a sort of funky french. My index finger turned out the best. The sun wasn't shining so the photos are not as crisp as they could be.



Winifred's dress is purple (though in the movie it mostly looks blue), green and has gold embellishments.


I thought this was going to be my favourite of them all but it really didn't turn out the way I wanted it to. I don't have a steady hand so it's hard to get straight freehand lines.


I used Rimmel Black Satin, NFU Oh 56, Kleancolor Blue Eyed Girl and So Easy Stripe Rite gold glitter.

Four years ago for Halloween my best friend and I went dressed up as Winifred and Sarah Sanderson. It was hands down the best costume I've had to-date.


Hmm. I guess we went a little sexier than the characters in the movie.


So there you have it! This was a fun way to pass some manicure time, and I have a couple more up my sleeve before Halloween.


Glamour shot. P.S. I'm actually posing with my costume!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous !!! Can't wait to see photos of your costume for this year :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Since I'm being a witch I'm actually incorporating some of the elements of this costume to the one I'm wearing this year. A little bit of upcycling :)

      Delete
  2. This is a great funky french! Even though it didn't turn out the way you wanted it to I think it came out wicked awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments!